Friday, July 3, 2009

Two Weeks Notice

I haven't updated the blog in over two weeks. I haven't gone blonde yet, actually my hairdresser tried to convince me that it was a faux-pas for me this year. I only agreed because he coerced me with a glass of valpolicella as we discussed my locks. Where do I find these places in Toronto? Ah... I truly believe they find me. 
So, what else have the eurotrash duo been up to when not updating their beloved site? Trying to cram a 50 pg thesis in 2 weeks (another faux-pas), playing virgil to my better half's better half aka big poppa, and his travel companion who kindly put his AMEX down at harbour sixty. I can say these sorts of things as a proud bearer of the MDF title; surrounding oneself in opulence sometimes rubs off a bit, or a lot - it really all depends on how many glasses of veuve you can drink in one sitting. 
However, the most heart-wrenching event that has come to pass during this mini-hiatus is the anticipated departure of my better half. She has left for the motherland and I have 2 more weeks to go in this eurotrashless city before I meet her in Rome and check into our swank hotel. http://www.fortysevenhotel.com/
NB: We drew lots before booking. Obviously, dropping 300 euros on our first night's stay in Rome won over saving enough money to cover our dreaded train ride from Salerno to Fiumicino on sept 5 to catch our flight home. (wishful thinking?)

Here's something to look forward to - one of my favorite eurotrash boys just sent me a picture of a Disney Witches bag from PINKO's 2009 summer collection while he was "shopping" in Italy yesterday. The Look: this bag*, a bright-coloured juicy couture tracksuit, massive faceshields and bibelots hanging from one ankle - what else are you going to wear when stepping off a boat in the amalfi coast without looking like you actually noticed? 
Photo credit: Dan Alexander Ifrim, July 2, 2009. 
*NB: this bag can easily (as in: "I can easily imagine...") be substituted with the LV never full, Prada denim tote or Gucci tattoo heart shopper.



1 comment:

  1. the bag is hideous. and to be quite frank, its from Pinko's. who the fuck wears anything from Pinko's unless you are a 15 year old girl from Viterbo?.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails